Thursday, June 13, 2013

Turkey and Avocado Scrambled Eggs

Yes, this is the second breakfast post in a row. DON'T JUDGE ME. I love eggs, and since I'm on a diet that's about 20% protein right now, I'm all about eggs. We usually get ours from a guy who has chickens, so they're even tastier than the ones you buy in the grocery store (and probably better for me, since they're free range).

I recently scored some really nice looking avocados on a trip to the grocery store, and while I'm happy to eat an avocado totally naked (the avocado, not me... well... never mind), I also like to mix them into stuff.

I had half an avocado left over from yesterday's lunch, so today's breakfast included some delicious green avocado-ey goodness.

TURKEY AND AVOCADO SCRAMBLED EGGS


Butter
1 onion, chopped and diced
Salt and pepper
1 C deli turkey, chopped
3 eggs

1/2 C Monterrey Jack cheese
1/2 an avocado, chunked up into pieces

Melt a tablespoon or so of butter in your skillet and sautee the onions. I like to get mine nice and soft, just to where they start to turn brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add the turkey, and let it get to where it's nice and warm, but not really browned up.

In a bowl, beat the eggs until they're all mixed together. Pour into the pan on top of the onions and turkey, and mix together. Make sure you move your eggs around constantly so they don't stick.

Once your eggs are nice and fluffy, add the cheese and blend it in. Add the avocado last - it's really better if it's not too warm. Serve it up with a little dollop of sour cream if you like, or just dig in and enjoy as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment