Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Totally The Best GF Wraps Ever

I work full time, so I generally end up packing a lunch or dinner for myself five days a week. That's not a problem, because I've always got leftovers, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for something that's grab-n-go. For normal people who don't have to eat gluten free, that's often a wrap. They're quick, you can make 'em pretty healthy, and you can snarfle them down while you're driving through rush hour traffic.

But honestly, most of the GF wraps out there suck. They're either short on flavor, like the ones made from ivory teff flour, or they're tasty but way too chewy to be enjoyable (brown rice tortilla wraps, I'm lookin' at you). I've finally stumbled upon something that's not only delicious, but it's soft and OMG IT FOLDS LIKE A REGULAR TORTILLA.

These guys, right here, from Toufayan. I found them in the bakery aisle at Meijer, my local grocery store, and they were $4.99 for a six-count bag, which isn't bad at all. The company's website says they freeze well, but I've just been keeping them in my fridge's deli drawer.

So far I've stuffed them with all kinds of veggies, spinach and alfalfa sprouts, chicken salad, a turkey 'n avocado blend, even a Reuben wrap with corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. I'm thinking they'd be great for burrito night, too.

Seriously, I can't recommend these enough. Definitely the best GF wraps I've ever tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment