Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mounds Bars via Babycakes

If you don't already own a copy of the Babycakes cookbook, Babycakes Covers the Classics, you really REALLY need to hie thee over to your local bookstore and pick one up. Author Erin McKenna has some completely amazing things in there, and even for someone like me, who doesn't really have a huge sweet tooth, there's a ton of good recipes. My new favorite? I decided to try the Babycakes Mounds Bars recipe.

Holy mother of dog, they are AWESOME.

I did change things up a bit - I'm not a fan of the flavor of agave, so I used corn syrup instead. Also, I doubled the recipe, which gave me 60 bite-sized Mounds bars. Honestly, making them any bigger would have been overwhelming, because they're very sweet and rich. But they taste fantastic, and probably better than those Actual Mounds Bars that have been sitting in my local Kroger for several months.

If you're a fan of all things coconutty and good, go buy a copy of Babycakes, and make some of these. You'll thank me after your arteries clog up.


No comments:

Post a Comment