Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Roasted Almonds

I've been trying to eat less processed stuff and more organically lately. While I wouldn't say my diet has gone totally paleo, I'm definitely focusing more on fruits and veggies, proteins and fiber, as opposed to, say, snarfling down an entire box of Nut Thins in one sitting. I like to snack, and while carrots and celery sticks are good snacky things, every once in a while I want something salty and crunchy. I had a bag of plain almonds in my pantry, so I decided to jazz them up a little. The result is pretty fantastic.

Sweet & Spicy Roasted Almonds

2 Cups plain almonds
1 Tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Roast the almonds in a pan until they're nice and brown. Add the butter and vanilla so all your almonds are coated.

Blend the cinnamon, curry and salt together in a small bowl, and then mix them into the almonds. Spread the almonds out on a cookie sheet to cool, then snack away!

No comments:

Post a Comment