Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sweet BrocCauli Salad

I'm gonna throw out a disclaimer here, which is that I don't really love broccoli, and I generally avoid cauliflower unless it's mixed in with something else. However, I discovered that my local grocery store has a broccoli and cauliflower salad with a sweet dressing that is just so darn good, I had to figure out a way to replicate it. I whipped up a batch to take to a cookout this afternoon, and the results are fantastic. This makes a fairly large salad, so it's perfect for family gatherings, or if you just want to keep it in your fridge and nom on it until it's gone.

Ingredients:

1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
1 bunch of cauliflower, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 lb cooked bacon, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins

Combine everything in a large bowl, then mix up the dressing:

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 red wine vinegar
1 cup mayonnaise

Whisk the dressing together, then pour over the salad. Let it sit in the fridge for a while before serving. Trust me, you'll love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment