Monday, May 7, 2012

Domino's New GF Crust

Domino's Pizza announced the other day that they will be making a gluten-free pizza available to customers. While this is a great thing if you order Domino's (I don't, because I have some issues with the company itself and I hate their sauce), Jane Anderson over at About Celiac Disease makes some pretty important points about whether or not you should spend your money on this pizza.

Nancy says that according to a Domino's press release, "While Domino's new Gluten Free Crust is appropriate for those with mild gluten sensitivity, Domino's and the NFCA do not recommend it for those with celiac disease. Domino's and the NFCA found that while the crust is certified as gluten free, current store operations at Domino's cannot guarantee that each handcrafted pizza will be completely free from gluten."

I'm fortunate enough that I don't have a problem with cross-contamination, and I have a non-celiac gluten sensitivity, but this is definitely something noteworthy if you have issues with either. Sounds like they're trying to make a conscientious effort, but didn't think things through all the way first.


Gluten-free: I do not think that word means what you think it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment